1965 K fastback 4 sale cloned with original Shelby

• 1965 K code fastback for sale, Car has been in CA from 1965 until about 1 month ago. 4 speed, 9" rear with a 3:89 rear gear. I have copies of the original bill of sale, window sticker, and original owner warrantee card. All original sheet metal (laser straight), floors look fantastic, original carpet, seats and headliner (incredible) The car was originally silver smoke Grey with black interior. The car was cloned to Shelby specs in 1966 with parts from the Ford dealership. The car has a correct original export brace, monte Carlo bar, Shelby closed letter valve covers, Shelby small letter intake, correct Shelby carb, under ride traction bars, and an original bullet Shelby mirror. The car has had 1 re paint to white with blue stripes. The engine retains all of its correct K code specific parts, has a 19 and a 20 heads, correct dual point distributor ballancer, alternator and pulleys, radiator, fan, and fan shroud. It had a 1968 302 block. I don’t if it has the original crank and guts in it or not. The car runs great and the paint is 10 footer. The car is located in Atlanta GA and I can assist with transportation. To check out photos go to http://www.gamusclecars.com I am not a dealer, my buddy let me put the photos on his site.

The car is priced at $39,000.00 or $36,000.00 w/o the Shelby specific parts

might consider an interesting boss 302 trade

Thanks for looking Dean

404-663-3428

• I got a chance to look at this car tonight and it is exactly as advertised - it is a very original very solid survivor car.

This would make a great restoration car as it is incredibly original and unmolested. Has the correct dated fan, spacer, shroud, alternaltor w/ correct early "C" pulley, closed emissions Air cleaner bottom (top is repo), HEH T tranny, heads, correct dated balancer, correct dated distributor, motor mounts, original clutch Z bar..........I could go on. It is only missing the original block, exhaust manifolds (has headers), orignal exhaust system, carb, valve covers, intake, radiator, and fuel pump. It has a small letter original Shelby "Cobra" intake, Cobra valve covers, LeMans carb, Export brace, and Monte Carlo bar. It has an original heavy metal even bolt spacing Export Brace (the original fire wall / shock tower pieces are still in place).

The car looks very nice over all and could be a nice show driver "as is" with some elbow grease, good cleaning, and a little TLC - motor sounds solid and started right up. You could do a full restoration on this car easily - it is very very straight and rust free and has no signs of accident damage. The interior is AWESOME for a 40 year old car - it is in very very good shape.

The original Shelby parts are correct period parts NOT newer repops - LeMans carb is a 66 dated original.

I have the VIN and data plate information for anyone interested and could visit the car again if needed.

Send me a private email if you are interested in the car or have any questions.

• Wow! I thought only real Shelby's had the export brace as you described. That's always been the sure tail sign of the real thing in my book. Now what am I going to do???

• According to the new owner and extensive documentation that came with the car - the original owner put the Shelby items on the car in '66.

The carb datecode supports this.

I too have only seen this Export Brace on original GT350's - but guess that is what you would buy over the counter in '66.

At least the original owner left the stock brace brackets installed on the shock towers - you could return this to original very easily.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Wow! I thought only real Shelby's had the export brace as you described. That's always been the sure tail sign of the real thing in my book. Now what am I going to do???

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

The even hole spacing export brace was also used on the T-5 export mustangs of this era.

• All export Mustangs got the Export Brace, hence the name. Some say it was because of the rough roads abroad, others say that it was to avoid body flex when lifting out the cars from the ship with a crane.

When the Shelby engineers visited the San Jose plant in the fall of 1964 in order to discuss how to organize GT350 production (what they should delete etc), one of them noticed that some cars got stronger braces. Since it looked like a good idea for the GT350, they decided to include them in the package.

• Don't get me wrong, this car sounds great. Especially with all of the paperwork and early shelby items. But I am sorry, without the K motor, I can't see how it is worth 39K, OR 36K without the shelby items. Original docs help with value, but 36K for a car missing one of the most important things.....I just can't see it.

Again, sounds like a beautiful car, just not for the money asking.

• Guys, this car is far from a Shelby. No Shelby steering wheel, no shelby tach, no radio delete, no spare tire package tray, and the "hertz wheels where not around until 66. For the images of the engine bay on ebay the bay looks quite tired as well. Not sure what all the hoopla is about.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!