• I've come across a Mustang radiator that has the top tank indicating a C4ZE Y2 W MO 4-65. The rest of the radiator is designed for an automatic with the tranny line connections at the bottom. I'm guessing because of the radiators rebuild tag, someone at some time had the raditor recored and for what ever reasons got a 4 speed top tank put on the top. Or, visa versa. Anyway, what do you folks think this radiator would be worth, knowing the top tank could add value for someoness Mustang. Remember, Y2 ONLY designates the car having a 4 speed. This would apply to San Jose cars. The radiator does not belong to me.

Mark Vasquez, Ca.

• My 66 coupe/fastback has the C4ZE Y2 W-MO radiator, just a different date of 1 66. San Jose car, LA DSO. The Y2 designates manual radiator, 3 or 4 speed. I know the shelby guys pay top dollar for them. I've seen these manual radiators go for as much as $600.

Alex

• 65-early 66 GT350 radiators were typically stamped G2. I'm not sure if anyone has figured out yet why Shelby rads were stamped differently or if the G2 stamp was unique to them.

Dave
    6S1757

• Mark - the value is definitely the head tank as that's a standard trans SJ radiator. Anywhere from $200 and up depending on the motivation of the restorer looking for one.

Edited by - round2K on 02/09/2011 22:47:32

• All comments are appreciated. I'll speak to the owner in about a week and ask if he is willing to sell/swap his radiator. I'll take a few more looks at it because I can't recall if the upper tank is original. For sure the top hat with the correct numbers is worth something.

Mark V.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!