Hi, new to forum.

• Hello all, im Dan from Arizona. I dont have a K-code Mustang, though i wish i did. I have a C-code Fastback. Im trying to get the performance of the K-code out of my C-code so i hope you all will be able to help me out. Thanks

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Hello all, I'm Dan from Arizona. I don't have a K-code Mustang, though I wish I did. I have a C-code Fastback. I'm trying to get the performance of the K-code out of my C-code, so I hope you all will be able to help me out.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Welcome, Dan. Boosting the performance of a C code 289 is going to be a fun project with loads of possibilities. The 289 is a great small block that can be built up to produce well over 300 hp and still be a good on the street with reliability.

• Awsome, yeah i already have a K&N filter, Edlebrock Performer 600cfm carb and matching intake manifold, Pertronix ignition, Tri-Y headers, dual 2" exhuast with Dynomax super turbo mufflers, 3.25 Track-Loc rear end and a B&M shift kit in the tranny. Looking at doing a cam. but cam seem to find the right one. Then again, i dont even know what im looking for....

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Awsome, yeah i already have a K&N filter, Edlebrock Performer 600cfm carb and matching intake manifold, Pertronix ignition, Tri-Y headers, dual 2" exhuast with Dynomax super turbo mufflers, 3.25 Track-Loc rear end and a B&M shift kit in the tranny. Looking at doing a cam. but cam seem to find the right one. Then again, i dont even know what im looking for....

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Comp cams sells a hydraulic lifter cam that is a very similar profile to the original K code cam. Of course, remember to make sure you buy the whole "kit" as replacing just a cam can cause problems. You may need to change out valve springs, install screw in rocker studs and other valve-train related items. Also, proper break-in is extremely critical.

Best thing to do is read, read, read and soak up as much information as you can.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!