MCA Show - Mustang, OK

• Drove down to the MCA show in Mustang, Oklahoma this past weekend and it was a good weekend for Mustangs. There were a lot of cars there from many different states and every variety of mustang you would care to see but only one other K code (at least I only saw one)besides mine. The dirve was bout 450 miles and it was very hot on Friday for the drive down without a/c, but we made it and had a good time. That is the longest trip I have made in my K and it ran well with no issues other than it used more oil than I expected (3 quarts) - I guess I need to get my compression checked to see if it time for some maintenance. It was my first MCA national event and it seemed to be very well organized.

I had a lot of people stop by and talk about the K and there seemed to be a lot of interest from people stopping to look. I entered the occasional driven class and got a 3rd place award - which is better than expected given the amount of rock chips I have and the undercoating on the undercarriage.

Jack

• Glad your old girl ran well.

What sort of miles per gallon were you getting over the 900 miles?

I realise this will be in US Galls but will convert if you know.

Cheers

Mark

• Mark,

I only checked the mileage on one leg of my trip and that was on the return and I got 18.2 MPG which really surprised me. Keep in mind that I do not have the original carb - I have a 1.08 venturi Autolite modified for manual choke.

Jack

• Hi Jack

I make that the equivalent of 21.6 mpg UK galls.

I can only manage 18 mpg UK galls at best, but have 3.50 rear gears and a 1.12 carb.

If I was to put in a 3.00 gearset I guess it would be much better.

The car is a bit busy at 70 - 80 mph but I dont do many long trips at the moment.

Thanks for the info

Mark

• I was in Mustang, too and really enjoyed the show. The local club did an outstanding job in putting on the show. It was extremely hot, but they had several golf carts driving around handing out bottle water. Got to judge some of the occasional driven trailered cars. No K's in that group. I did not take mine.

• Maybe it's not such a great plan to have the Grand National in the same place every year. The idea of it being held in other locations every year presents the opportunity for different people to attend a Grand National that's within a reasonable distance of their home.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!