Dave Wallace K in Mustang Times

• It was nice to see the write up on Dave's 65. He should be a detective in his spare time, finding the Arvinode info and all the previous owners of his car. Good Stuff Congrats!

• Just got my copy today and read the article and looked at the pics-Great, Great car for sure and all the history that Dave was able to dig up is icing on the cake!

Great job Dave!

• I've come up with a couple of questions about Dave's car based on the original v/s todays pics:

It looks like in the 2 original pics at the drag strip on the bottom of page 26 that the car had the darker (charcoal) center SS wheels and it now has the brighter Argent Silver center ones??

Also the car looks like it originally had just the drivers side STANDARD outside mirror and now it has both right and left DeLuxe ones??

Just curious, NOT picking.

• Both questions relate to items changed by PO's:

The car was originally sold with a single standard side view mirror and a standard rear view. The last previous owner converted it to a pair of deluxe mirrors and a day/night rear view.

The black centers were applied by one of the early PO's and weren't correct for the car. Those wheels are replacements that were installed on the car when the originals were stolen in the '60's when the car was parked on the street in front of the dealership in LA (Klem Ford).

You may also note that the car lacks hood letters in the drag strip photos; the hood was replaced sometime in '60's when it was damaged.

• OK, (I hadn't noticed the lack of hood letters in the drag strip photos)

So, Dave elected during his restoration not to return the car to exactly the way it left the factory then?

Are the brighter Argent silver wheels correct then for the cars build date time frame?

I actually like the deluxe mirrors better myself and installed them on mine as well-wern't they part of a visibility package-something like that?

Again, I am absolutely NOT picking Dave's beutiful car apart-I love to read about the history on cars-espessely the amount that Dave uncovered.

I also see he is running Radial tires-I assume he drives the car a bit too?

• The car is driven quite a bit and those are Diamondbck radials.

I haven't painted the car since I've owned it; going backwards on the mirrors hasn't been an option for me as it would mean having to weld up the deluxe holes and repain the doors.

• The mirror package was optioned as the"VISABILITY GROUP" package which consists of the Deluxe remote mirror,the Day/Nite rearview mirror and 2 speed wipers.Also were rpo and dealer installed alone.My early 65 K has these all together.I have been restoring original styled steel wheels alot recently ,it appears the64-65 were argent,and66-67s were darker charcoal.I have an original65 wheel and it was argent.However I painted the rest of mine the charcoal,so I need to repaint them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!