A Shelby Mustang Help Question

• I've been a member of this site for about three years now. Mainly just reading the great comments and advise you guys post. I have a 65 K Conv. Now I'm considering doing something crazy and buying a 1966 Shelby Mustang. I know some of you K nuts are also Shelby nuts so I thought I start my pursuit by asking for your advise on this plan.

There is a Saphire Blue 66 offered for sale out of New Jersey on the Cars On Line site. S61739. I was wondering the following:

1. Does anybody have knowledge of this car or inspected it?

2. I would not buy any car without first inspecting it myself but, do you guys know of a Shelby guy in the NJ area who you would recommend that I hire to also inspect the car for me?

3. The car owner is represented by a third party called Show Your Car. Does anybody have any experiance with this company.

4. I guess lastly, I would surely listen to anybody's general advise on this idea. You won't hurt my feelings.

Thanks greatly in advance, guys.

Bill in Toledo

• Bill,

I agree with Troy, post your questions on the SAAC Forum. If you end up buying 6S1739 please let us know. That number is very close to my car, 6S1757...I'd love to know the details!

Thanks and good luck,

Dave

Dave
    6S1757

• Bill -- I live in northern NJ, If the car was close by I'd take an initial look for you but I'm no expert. The best person I can think of that may be able to help you out in terms of looking at the car or knowing someone in NJ is Bill Collins.. He's out of PA and is a Shelby expert, here's a link to his website:

http://www.bcfords.com

Eric

• There is a Saphire Blue 66 offered for sale out of New Jersey on the Cars On Line site. S61739.......................

1. Does anybody have knowledge of this car or inspected it?

Looked at about 70 pictures of the car sent to me by a potential buyer a little over a month ago

2. I would not buy any car without first inspecting it myself but, do you guys know of a Shelby guy in the NJ area who you would recommend that I hire to also inspect the car for me?

Have a friend that might be available in the area (Rode Island) email me for a name if you would like

4. I guess lastly, I would surely listen to anybody's general advise on this idea. You won't hurt my feelings.

Ask allot of questions and hire someone good (great investment) that is uninvolved with the car to give you a truthful evaluation. The little you spend can save you allot.

Hope this helps a little.

• Thanks, Dave. I'll let you know if I'm successful.

Thanks, Brett. I'm planning to contact you since it appears you know the car.

Thanks, Eric for the contact in PA.

Bill G.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!