• I don't see much discussion on the engine tag that is bolted to the intake manifold. Nothing in the HiPo book either. What do those numbers indicate? Mine reads:

first line 289 65 5

second line 4-K N 554 J.

• I am trying to research an engine tag also.

1st line = 289 displacement 65 model year 5 level change

2nd line = 4 calender year K October N engine number prefix 554 engine number J engine number suffix.

In return for this info please tel me the build date of your car

Thanks

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I don't see much discussion on the engine tag that is bolted to the intake manifold.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Engine tag decoding has been discussed here over the years. A lot of this detailed information now resides in the Archives in order to save "webspace" on the current pages. All inactive threads are sent to the Archives after three years. As a result, the <i>majority</i> of pages contained in this site now reside in the Archives. You can access the site Archives by clicking on the Archives icon [Blocked Image: http://www.hipomustang.com/hpmx/images/icon_folder_archived.gif] found on the right hand column of the forum home page, or check the Archives box when using the <i>Advanced Search</i> feature.

The "554" on the second line denotes a 64/65 K Code 289 High Performance Mustang with a manual transmission.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Thanks for the tip on the archive feature. I did not know about that.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

The site Archives are a great place to research <i>every</i> post made on the forums since the site was launched over seven years ago...You must be a registered member to access the Archives, and be logged on. You can read more about the Archives <font color=red>HERE</font id=red>.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!