1967 Hipo Convertible GTA

• Hello, I am putting together a 67 Hipo Convertible starting this summer and am looking for some advice. Did the 67 hipo's come with any options like power steering and AC? How about an automatic Transmission? I seem to remember that some of the 66's came with auto's and my 67 Shelby is a factory Auto, so I assume the auto is reasonable. Any other options? BTW, is the driveshaft the same length on a 67 hipo with auto as the 66 hipo with auto? Thanks

Tim

• If you haven't done so already, I would suggest you get a Marti report for the car, http://www.martiauto.com This will tell you how your car came equipped. With only 50 '67 K convertibles ever made, you will maximize the value of the car by putting it back like it was new.

Regarding your questions about options... pretty sure P/S was optional on a '67 K code. Automatic transmissions were available.

I don't recall the drive shaft specs. Probably find that in the MPC or the 4th edition hi-po mustang book (which you should be able to purchase off the main page here.)

• Official Post

Tim, The 67 driveshaft is 19/64" longer than the same one for 66 with a C4. The driveshaft also differs in the style of U-joint between the two years.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!