3 X 2 or Paxton ?

• Hi Everyone,

If you were to do a period modification to your K, what'd be your preference when taking into consideration value for money, performance gains, ease of maintenance.

1. repo 3 X 2 setup from Pony Carbs - $1900

2. Correct style Paxton supercharger - $3200

Just wanting some opinions, thanks

• Paxton would be more "correct" then the Pony carb 3x2 as they use Autolite 2100's not Holly..if that makes a diffrence.

If I had the cash I would go with a Paxton.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Hi Rohan.

If I had the money, I would go down the Paxton route. Where did you source the Paxton & 3x 2 prices from?

Regards,

René

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

btw, I think you can get the vintage Paxton set up for $3000 from craig conley. (that doesn't include carb.)

Z. Ray

• The paxton prices I got from Craig Conley a few months ago. I was going from memory. The 3 X 2 are straight from pony themselves.

I can get an original Ford 3 X 2 setup that has been completely rebuilt for the price of the setup from pony.

regards

Rohan

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

The paxton prices I got from Craig Conley a few months ago. I was going from memory. The 3 X 2 are straight from pony themselves.

I can get an original Ford 3 X 2 setup that has been completely rebuilt for the price of the setup from pony.

regards

Rohan

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I know price is important in most x vs. y decisions. But in this case I urge you to decide which type of induction system best suits you regardless of the price factor. Otherwise, no matter how much you saved (or didn't) you will be wanting what you didn't buy.

Z. Ray

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!