• Running a Holley 570 Avenger on my 66 K

Not real happy with it.

Basically a stock motor with A/T.

Don't have the original Autolite 4100.

Thinking on spending $$$ at Pony Carbs for a clone of the 1.12

Autolite.

How do the Autolites perform?

Anyone purchase one of these reworked carbs from Pony?

Thanks for the feedback!

• Order the "clone" Autolite 4100 HIPO from Pony you won't be sorry!!

Jon has done 3 carbs for me including 2 4100s and 1 Carter AFB, all perfect, all perform better than any Holley I've ever had.

• I heard those avengers were good carbs, and I've been considering buying one for my Kar. What don't you like about it? Was it hard to tune? What's up?

I tried a clone Karb, and it was a very bad experience for me. Looked great, worked poorly. This was from an ex Pony Carb employee. Funny thing is my mechanic asked if it was a Pony carb, b/c it looked like all the other ones he's seen from them, and he never has seen one work properly (his words, not mine). I didn't tell him where I got the carb...

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Thinking on spending $$$ at Pony Carbs for a clone of the 1.12

Autolite.

How do the Autolites perform?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Can't comment on any of the "clones", but my original runs better than any Holley I've used.

• Thanks for the feedback.

The 570 Holley seems like it suffers from a poor idle circuit.

Hestitation / stumble on launch.

Rejetting solved most of it.

Still has a flat spot while accellerating.

Gonna play with it over the holiday.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!