Mustangs Plus Shelby Show

• That car belonged to and was restored by a very good friend of mine, Gaines A, who is retired and is now living in the Half Moon Bay, CA, area. Gaines used an MCA Gold Card Judge as a mentor in the restoration and it is apparent. The car was used by Ford in a 1998 Mustang sales brochure and at that time, the top was lowered fot the second time. Speegle has used it several times in his seminars as a show and tell.

Jim

• Thanks Dave,

It was great fun hanging out last Saturday. Gaines is a good friend for the past 20 years. I bought a GT Conv from him around 1988 or 1989 (the 1966 Rangoon Red one that was eventually sold to Bill). I spent much time hanging around his garage while he and Dick H. worked on this beautiful K car and pestered him for the next 15 years until he finally relented about 2 years ago. I saw the care and dedication he had while building it and am extremely proud that he felt it would be in good hands with me once he decided to part with it. I still don't have the heart to put the top down

He does spend a lot of time in Half Moon Bay with his better half, but still lives in San Jose. He is in the process of rebuilding his Gulf Coast home after it was lost during Katrina. He is doing well.

Michael

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!