k-nut on long island

• Hi, I have been lurking for a while an thought it was time I introduced myself.I am a 45 yr old car nut living on long island.I got into mustangs while in highschool owning a 69 and 70 mach 1.I still find parts to this day.After many years of various car(still have a few, for now) I finally found one I want to keep .A black 66 gt hipo fastback.I plan on starting a full resto in january which should take a few years as funds are not what they use to be.I look forward to asking many questions along the way.

mike

p.s.the car is already registered here and I have tried many times to update with the provided link only to have the email returned each time.Any help would be appreciated.

• Hi Mike,

I was born and raised on LI. Raised in Bellmore. I now live upstate in Cooperstown. Where do you live? I have a restored 65 Red K GT fastback w/black pony interior. What color is your interior? I come to LI to visit family and friends from time to time. Would love to see your project. Anyway, welcome to the site and keep us posted. Ed

• Welcome Mike, glad to have another Mustang lover. Sounds like you have the makings of a great car. Post some "before" pics if you can, I'd like to see what you're starting with.

I have a fastback K code that was bought new and lived many years on LI before making it's way west, according to the documentation. LI should be a good place to look for Mustangs.

• I LIVE IN LAKE RONKONKOMA NOW,ORIGINALLY FROM HUNTINGTON.I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO MOVE OFF THE ISLAND FOR 25YRS BUT STILL HERE.THE CAR CAME WITH THE BLACK PONY INTERIOR.I HAVE MOST EVERYTHING (IN BOXES)AND JUST LOOKING FOR A FEW ODD PEICES.THE CAR IS BURIED IN THE BACK OF MY FREINDS GARAGE I WILL POST SOME PICS BEFORE I TAKE IT TO THE BODYSHOP.

MIKE

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!