Will a 65 Fastback fit a 16' Enclosed Trailer?

• I am looking at purchasing a new enclosed 8.5 x 16 trailer.

Has anyone tried hauling their Fastback in one of these?

I know it will be tight but I just sold my 20' because it scrapes going down my driveway and the 16 wont.

Thanks!

Bob

• Being that all 8.5 X 16 foot enclosed trailers are identical - you get my drift. A stock 65 Mustang Fastback is about 182 inches or 15 feet 2 inches long. You need to do some measuring, as in the distance between the trailer's wheel wells - your car's outside width, the height, the high center clearance on the ramps - don't scrape the exhaust pipes, as well as the length, and then figure out how to tie the Mustang down - front and rear and 'how do I get out of this thing?'. The last part is one reason I prefer a flatbed.

Jim

• You need at least a 20' enclosed to trailer a mustang safely. This will allow you to move the car around to distribute the weight properly. It also allows you some storage room at the front of the trailer.

Edited by - caspian65 on 06/27/2008 06:40:17

• Thanks for the advice, It looks like my car will fit with about 8 inches to spare on both ends.

I use an open trailer most of the time but it would be nice to have the option of enclosed for security reasons.

Thanks to all for your input!

Bob

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!