Looking for HIPO rod bolts

• Refreshing my 66 HIPO engine and looking for a set of rod bolts C4OZ-6214-B or suggestions on what can be used instead as not wanting to reuse the old bolts. I don't really want to use boss 302 service rods as an option as I would like to keep this refresh as original as possible.

Edited 2 times, last by nadalin (November 11, 2023 at 1:08 PM).

• I am unclear as to what you are showing us in your hand. The C4OZ rod bolts have a rectangular head, the same as the original bolts in Hipo rods. The used bolt in your hand appears to be an ARP replacement which fit both Boss 302 and Hipo 289 rods. Maybe the original bolts were replaced in a former life with the ARP bolts. I do not understand the C1AE bolt package as they are for 352 and 390 standard engines. Those bolts are 3/32" longer than the Hipo 289 bolt. The C9AZ nuts are correct.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I am unclear as to what you are showing us in your hand. The C4OZ rod bolts have a rectangular head, the same as the original bolts in Hipo rods. The used bolt in your hand appears to be an ARP replacement which fit both Boss 302 and Hipo 289 rods. Maybe the original bolts were replaced in a former life with the ARP bolts. I do not understand the C1AE bolt package as they are for 352 and 390 standard engines. Those bolts are 3/32" longer than the Hipo 289 bolt. The C9AZ nuts are correct.

-Fred-

C1AZ-6214-A were also used in in 65/66 . These may have been used by other engines also. These are not ARP bolts the bolts I have in my hand are C1AZ-6214-A. I'm just trying to replace what the engine was built with. My engine did not have the C4OZ-6214-A. The engine has not been apart prior from what I can tell.

Edited 3 times, last by nadalin (December 16, 2023 at 11:35 AM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!