• I have a 1966 built September of 65 at Metuchen. Manual .My question if someone can help is apart from the build date pressing on the radiator is there any difference between a K radiator? At present I think i have a replacement as there are no markings that I can see on it. What should the correct one say? Thanks.

• I have a 1966 built September of 65 at Metuchen. Manual .My question if someone can help is apart from the build date pressing on the radiator is there any difference between a K radiator? At present I think i have a replacement as there are no markings that I can see on it. What should the correct one say? Thanks.

Metucheon Kars use the same radiator as a Dearborn Kar. They will have a DEP C4ZE 8005 plus the date code stamping on the drivers side mounting strap. This side strap will have a square attaching point where it is soldered to the top tank. San Jose side straps have a round attaching point at the top tank and their stampings are on the top tank.

Also note that there is NOT a special radiator for Hipo cars only. There was an extra cooling one available but it was optional for all Mustangs. This is the G2 and Y2 designation however after physically comparing the two original radiators, I fail to find any difference bettween them.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Official Post

Fred, thank you so much for your help.

Frank, I added another paragraph to my previous response.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Hi Fred, I only have a couple of pics to look at right now as the car is not here. It does have the square type straps but looking at the pics I can't see any stampings on that strap on top. Are they always stamped on top? Thanks in advance for your help.

• Official Post

Hi Fred, I only have a couple of pics to look at right now as the car is not here. It does have the square type straps but looking at the pics I can't see any stampings on that strap on top. Are they always stamped on top? Thanks in advance for your help.

I apologize as I was not specific enough regarding where the radiator is stamped. Where the San Jose radiators are stamped on the top tank, the Dearborn and Metucheon cars are stamped on the left side mounting strap where it bolts to the core support. The stampings can be tough to make out sometimes while the radiator is installed because of their location.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Here are a couple of photos of the Radiator that is in my May 65 Dearborn K.

Also a few more of it in the car on this web page: 65K Engine

DEP C4ZE-8005 G1 5DD on the side strap as Fred noted. G1 is found in the Dearborn/Metuchen Ks.

The super expensive, hard to find G2, is for the San Jose cars (Shelby cars drive the price up)

radiator1.jpgradiator2.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!