Have a 1964 1/2 289 hipo engine and transmission.

• Most likely a march or april 65 car, an assy block assy date stamping would help pinpoint it.

Jan 20 1965 See photo above

That is the casting date of the block, The assembly date is stamped on the block surface in front of the left head.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• The block was cast on January 20, 1965, I think making it a '66 model year. Fred will know for sure! Wouldn't be original to a 64-1/2 kar...

Actually, the January 20, 1965 casting date makes it solidly a 1965 model year. Possibly you made a typing error on the year?

-Fred-

Yes, '65 model year, Fred. Typo... thanks!

• Well i guess if we dont need to post a price and sell our items through a pm messiage or chat the must post a price rule must be removed.

Chuck, I take responibility for this one as I missed it the way it came onto the forum and it was originally in a different part of the forum related to K Mustamgs. It was very vague in my mind on what was going on at first. It will NOT happen again.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Fred im sure that was the case here, sometimes a seller does not know what to look for and starts fishing for info ,if he had opened up more we could have been more help,for instance the exhaust manifolds still had the factory bolt locks indicating the heads were never removed meaning the block was still standard bore, was there a 3939S on it, was the original carb somewhere close, original water pump,motor mounts,ect. all these things ad value, you can set a price on the high side and always adjust it .

• The problem with this is there are sellers who have no idea what a high price is, and will be shooting themselves in the foot to put one on. This was the case with this seller.

Also this case was a little different … for everyone who contacted him he was very clear, he asked for an offer, as this was through an estate and that was the process he had to follow.

Every rule has exceptions, and I think this might be one example. I agree, in most cases a price is fine and good, but IMO, we should accommodate sellers in situations like this as well.

My main thing is I would just hate for us to lose out on these opportunities.

Please let me know if I’m missing something.

65 FastbacK early San Jose Twilight Turquoise 4 Speed
    66 Mustang Coupe Maroon C-Code Auto
    67 Fairlane Convertible Light Metallic Green 200 I6, Three on the Tree

Edited once, last by livetoride60 (February 10, 2023 at 4:12 PM).

• Well yes you are missing something but dont take my word for it go visit the BOSS 302 and concourse mustang web site and read the for sale posting guide line rules ,this seller had 4 months to read the sections here that fred posts every day on what the market value of k code items are, but again read in detail what the BOSS 302 and concourse mustang administrators put in place. the BOSS 302 guidlines go into detail.this is to protect the seller as well as the buyer.

• Here is my posting regarding "for'sale" items that I posted at the top of each section at the beginning week of this forum:

Please include a price in all 'For Sale' postings. This is the the only real and steadfast "rule" we have on this messageboard. If there is no price, you will be asked to add a price. If no price appears after three (3) days your post will be removed.

-Fred-

===================================================================

The one on the Boss 302 forum gives the good reasons for this "rule":

NOTE: All 'For Sale' postings require a price
    [Blocked Image: https://www.boss302.com/smf/Themes/BossExchange/images/post/xx.png]December 02, 2007, 04:28:02 AM

Please include a price in all 'For Sale' postings. This is the the only real and steadfast "rule" we have on this messageboard. If there is no price, you will be asked to add a price. If no price appears after three (3) days your post will be removed.

Why do we have this rule? Because our members have experienced too many situations like this:

I don't want to deal with ebay. I am selling X here for the members.

How much do you want for X?

I don't know what it's worth, how much will you give me for X?

I'll give you $AA.AA for X.

Hey, I am interested in X, how much for X?

I don't know what it's worth, how much will you give me for X?

I'll give you $BB.BB for X.

I'll give you $CC.CC for X.

You can see where this is going. Mr. Red here now has two or more members interested in item X so it turns into a hidden auction where members don't know they are bidding against each other. If you want to run an auction, take it to ebay where the whole world can bid on it. Just post a link to your ebay auction here.

Or this scenario:

I am selling X.

How much do you want for X?

I'll take $AA.AA for X.

Ok. I'll give you $AA.AA for X.

Ok. We have a deal. Contact me and we'll arrange payment, shipping, etc.

Time passes... Mr. Blue keeps trying to contact Mr. Red. Eventually Mr. Red admits or Mr. Blue finds out elsewhere that Mr. Red sold X for $BB.BB to some other person. All along Mr. Blue thought he had an agreed deal. This then leads to posts about "bad sellers" or "don't deal with so-and-so". Please post a price and honor it.

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!