Used 1965 1966 Mustang Original AM-FM Bendix Radio

• Official Post

Here is an Ebay auction for a used original FoMoCo Bendix manufactured AM-FM radio by Ebay member "k.weaverfamily" with a Buy-It-Now of $2,500.00:

You are bidding on a late 1965 & 1966 Mustang & Shelby AM-FM radio. Housing stamped FoMoCo. Produced by Bendix. Part # F6TBZ, Dated April 19th 1966. Bench tested & found to be in working condition. Plays on both AM & FM. No guarantees on longevity as it is 55+ years old. Very rare find. If you have any questions please call Kurt.

1965-1966 65-66 FOMOCO FORD MUSTANG SHELBY ORIGINAL AM-FM BENDIX RADIO F6TBZ | eBay

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Official Post

Here is an Ebay auction for a used original FoMoCo Bendix manufactured AM-FM radio by Ebay member "k.weaverfamily" with a Buy-It-Now of $2,500.00:

You are bidding on a late 1965 & 1966 Mustang & Shelby AM-FM radio. Housing stamped FoMoCo. Produced by Bendix. Part # F6TBZ, Dated April 19th 1966. Bench tested & found to be in working condition. Plays on both AM & FM. No guarantees on longevity as it is 55+ years old. Very rare find. If you have any questions please call Kurt.

1965-1966 65-66 FOMOCO FORD MUSTANG SHELBY ORIGINAL AM-FM BENDIX RADIO F6TBZ | eBay

-Fred-

This radio is just barely more common than Unicorn horns. :) I have never seen a serial number higher than 2,500 on these radios so that gives you an idea of the rarity. This radio is serial number 2415. This one is actually the 1966 version although once installed, the appearance is the same as the 1965 version. The only difference is that the 1965 version has 5 transistors and the 1966 version has 6 transistors. There are slight differences in the body of the radio to accommodate those differences in the number of transistors. How do I know this? I have several of each year. Yes, I can also be talked into selling one of them as I now have more of them than I need.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Hi,

I've got 001848 which is dated on the cardboard Feb 8 1966. Works perfectly still.

Cheers

Ben

66 GT Koupe, May San Jose build.

• Official Post

-Fred-

This radio is just barely more common than Unicorn horns. :) I have never seen a serial number higher than 2,500 on these radios so that gives you an idea of the rarity. This radio is serial number 2415. This one is actually the 1966 version although once installed, the appearance is the same as the 1965 version. The only difference is that the 1965 version has 5 transistors and the 1966 version has 6 transistors. There are slight differences in the body of the radio to accommodate those differences in the number of transistors. How do I know this? I have several of each year. Yes, I can also be talked into selling one of them as I now have more of them than I need.

-Fred-

This used original FoMoCo Bendix manufactured AM-FM radio sold June 23, 2022 on Ebay for $2,500.00. Believe it or not, this is not a bad price for such a rare item. I mean, how many of them have you ever seen?

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• FRED and BEN

i have just looked at my 66 examples on hand and have unit numbers 1095, 1731 and 2045.

does anyone have a unit number below 1000??

I also have a F5TBZ example that is number 1172

yes they are rare items to have and price will always be strong for correct and original parts.

regards

PHILL BERESFORD

MELBOURNE.

AUSTRALIA.

• Interesting, the case is painted black with a white date stamp. All the ones I recall seeing are natural finish and black date stamp on the cardboard piece.

Cheers

Ben

66 GT Koupe, May San Jose build.

• Official Post

My K has F5TBZ 00135. Is the serial number right after the part # ?

It has an April 22, 65 date code.

AMFM.jpg

Your radio should have six digits in the serial number including the first two zeros. On my radios, I found it easy to miss the last digit. Please check yours again.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

Interesting, the case is painted black with a white date stamp. All the ones I recall seeing are natural finish and black date stamp on the cardboard piece.

Ben,

The one in these pictures is the 1965 version. The 1966 version matches your description. Please keep in mind that the 1965 version is different from the 1966 version in a couple of areas but still appears the same once installed in the car.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Here is an Ebay auction for a used original FoMoCo Bendix manufactured AM-FM radio by Ebay member "super-novass" with a Buy-It-Now of $2,495.00:

This is a factory AM FM radio that fits 1964-1966 Mustangs. The factory part number ink stamped on the side of the radio is F6TBZ as shown. The AM FM radio became a factory option in 1966. That said, this radio will also fit 1964-1965 models. In 1966, AM FM radios were a rare and expensive option. Not very many were made to the very high cost and limited amount of FM stations in non urban areas. Most of the radios that were produced were tossed out years ago or are already installed in cars. Finding a real deal original 1966 Mustang AM FM radio today is quite a task. Don't miss this real deal factory AM FM radio.
    This radio is in good condition as shown. This was recently serviced by a factory trained Delco technician who has been servicing these radios for decades. It comes with a 30 day warranty. The chrome face has very good shine/reflection as shown with some chrome delamination between the bottom of the dial and pushbuttons as shown. The dial is chrisp with a nice original lens free of yellowing and cracking. All push buttons and dials were as they should. The case is clean with no dents or damage as shown. The ink stamped model number on the siide of the radio is easy to read. One interesting thing about this radio is it must have been a very early unit since the part number is ink/paint stamped over the model number F5TBE as shown which is the model number for a 1965 Mercury Comet AM/FM(a very rare radio in its own right). This is simply a very nice original 1966 Mustang AM FM radio that is ready to enjoy.
    I also have one more of these radios that has not been serviced yet that I would sell for less if you would rather have it serviced by your own person or in house. Contact me for details.
    This radio has been tested and plays loud and clear with good reception on both AM and FM bands. I made a video showing this radio in action. To watch the video on a desktop or laptop computer, simply click on the play icon in the picture below. To watch the video on a smartphone or tablet, cop the link below the picture and paste it into your browser.

This is your chance to own the very rare original 1966 Mustang AM FM radio of your dreams for your special car or collection at a GREAT PRICE. Don't Miss Out!

1964-1966 Ford Mustang Factory AM FM Radio F6TBZ Serviced REAL DEAL OEM AMFM WOW | eBay

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• This used original FoMoCo Bendix manufactured AM-FM radio sold August 14, 2022 on Ebay for $2,495.00. Believe it or not, this is not a bad price for such a rare item. I mean, how many of them have you ever seen?

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

Here is an Ebay auction for a used original FoMoCo Bendix manufactured AM-FM radio by Ebay member "going-topless" with a starting bid of $750.00:

Here is an extremely rare 1966 Ford Mustang / Shelby factory option AM/FM radio # F6TBZ-001136 (F=FORD, 6=1966, T=TRANSISTORS, B=BENDIX, Z=Mustang, 001136= consecutive unit number manufactured.) Pressed paper date plate is intact and excellent condition. Manufacture date August 13 1965. Radio is in need of complete restoration. Chrome face is bright with some blisters, lens is clean, slide bar is clean, push buttons have blisters. Chrome knobs pitted and one outer knob is missing. Internal components are rusted and need replacement. Wiring is intact and uncut. I have seen working models selling in excess of $2500. I believe that my starting price is fair for the rarity of this item. Totally refurbish it or use as-is for visual purpose only. I have tons of early Mustang parts available. Fits 64-66 Mustang coupe, convertible, fastback, GT, K code, HiPo, 65-66 Shelby GT350, GT350H, Mercury Comet, Caliente, Cyclone, Falcon, Futura, Ranchero. PLEASE PAY ME ONLY THROUGH EBAY OR I WILL ACCEPT US POSTAL SERVICE $$$ ORDERS. SHIPPING PRICE LISTED IS FOR LOWER 48 STATES ONLY, ALL OTHERS WILL BE MORE DEPENDING ON LOCATION. I ONLY GET TO THE POST OFFICE ONCE OR POSSIBLY TWICE A WEEK SO PLEASE HAVE A LITTLE PATIENCE & UNDERSTANDING. PLEASE VIEW MY OTHER AUCTIONS FOR MORE NOS AND GOOD USED MUSTANG & SHELBY PARTS. THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO VIEW MY MERCHANDISE. HAVE A TRULY FANTASTIC DAY!

Extremely rare 66 Mustang factory original option AM/FM radio | eBay

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

Here is an Ebay auction for a used original FoMoCo Bendix manufactured AM-FM radio by Ebay member "going-topless" with a starting bid of $750.00:

Here is an extremely rare 1966 Ford Mustang / Shelby factory option AM/FM radio # F6TBZ-001136 (F=FORD, 6=1966, T=TRANSISTORS, B=BENDIX, Z=Mustang, 001136= consecutive unit number manufactured.) Pressed paper date plate is intact and excellent condition. Manufacture date August 13 1965. Radio is in need of complete restoration. Chrome face is bright with some blisters, lens is clean, slide bar is clean, push buttons have blisters. Chrome knobs pitted and one outer knob is missing. Internal components are rusted and need replacement. Wiring is intact and uncut. I have seen working models selling in excess of $2500. I believe that my starting price is fair for the rarity of this item. Totally refurbish it or use as-is for visual purpose only. I have tons of early Mustang parts available. Fits 64-66 Mustang coupe, convertible, fastback, GT, K code, HiPo, 65-66 Shelby GT350, GT350H, Mercury Comet, Caliente, Cyclone, Falcon, Futura, Ranchero. PLEASE PAY ME ONLY THROUGH EBAY OR I WILL ACCEPT US POSTAL SERVICE $$$ ORDERS. SHIPPING PRICE LISTED IS FOR LOWER 48 STATES ONLY, ALL OTHERS WILL BE MORE DEPENDING ON LOCATION. I ONLY GET TO THE POST OFFICE ONCE OR POSSIBLY TWICE A WEEK SO PLEASE HAVE A LITTLE PATIENCE & UNDERSTANDING. PLEASE VIEW MY OTHER AUCTIONS FOR MORE NOS AND GOOD USED MUSTANG & SHELBY PARTS. THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO VIEW MY MERCHANDISE. HAVE A TRULY FANTASTIC DAY!

-Fred-

This used original FoMoCo Bendix manufactured AM-FM radio received no bids by May 29, 2023 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

Here is an Ebay auction for a used original FoMoCo Bendix manufactured AM-FM radio by Ebay member "gwpford" with a Buy-It-Now of $2,495.00:

Clean used 965,66 Mustang OEM ford AM/FM stereo radio, never tested .. very hard to locate today in this condition..

1965 66 Mustang AM-FM RADIO 65 66 SHELBY GT 350 | eBay

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

This used original FoMoCo Bendix manufactured AM-FM radio is back on Ebay again with a much lower starting bid of $500.00:

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

This used original FoMoCo Bendix manufactured AM-FM radio sold June 11, 2023 on Ebay for $558.00 with 4 bids from 2 bidders.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Somebody got themselves an absolute bargain in my opinion. perfect starting base if you want to get someone/company to restore it back to new condition.

will keep note of its serial number to see if it reappears in several months for sale.

regards

PHILL BERESFORD

MELBOURNE.

AUSTRALIA.

• New
    • Official Post

Here is an Ebay auction for a used original FoMoCo Bendix manufactured AM-FM radio by Ebay member "gwpford" with a Buy-It-Now of $2,495.00:

Clean used 965,66 Mustang OEM ford AM/FM stereo radio, never tested .. very hard to locate today in this condition..

1965 66 Mustang AM-FM RADIO 65 66 SHELBY GT 350 | eBay

-Fred-

The listing for this used original FoMoCo Bendix manufactured AM-FM radio was ended by the seller March 17, 2024 with the following explanation "The item is no longer available".

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!