Looking for a new Carpet

• I recently installed half of a TMI carpet set in my 66 fastback. The back fit fine but I just couldn't get the front to fit right. Even
    if I managed to get it to fit, and glue it in, there were 'ribs' of sorts running lengthwise on the tunnel. It would have been very
    noticable. The old front carpet went back in. TMI may be the only player out there, but I'm anxious to hear from others.

Greg Z

• TMI is pretty much the only one. One trick when installing is to lay it out in the sun on a very hot day for several hours, or heat it up another way to get it softened, and then you can get it to lay flat. I had the same result that gjz30075 had the first time I tried to install, and then someone else gave me that tip and I got it to lay very flat across the whole bottom of the floor pans and transmission tunnel.

Good luck,

Jason

February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Edited once, last by Morsel (April 16, 2019 at 12:49 AM).

• TMI is pretty much the only one. One trick when installing is to lay it out in the sun on a very hot day for several hours, or heat it up another way to get it softened, and then you can get it to lay flat. I had the same result that gjz30075 had the first time I tried to install, and then someone else gave me that tip and I got it to lay very flat across the whole bottom of the floor pans and transmission tunnel.

Good luck,

Jason

Excellent tip Jason. I had not heard of that one before.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!