1965 k code convertible-Craigslist

• RECOMMENDED TEMPLATE: Sold for <b>final sale price</b> by seller

BuyItNow set at <b>bin price</b>(also post BIN if there is one for comparison) <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>description here<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

link

Just out of my curiosity what is the deal with the battery in this car? I've never seen one with Green caps.....

• If my memory serves me correctly, the green cap battery was a less expensive battery with a lower rating than the one with red caps. When I sold them, back in the day, I am pretty sure that the lettering on the case was also green.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

BuyItNow set at <b>bin price</b>(also post BIN if there is one for comparison) <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>description here<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

link

Do you think its a 22F unit? not picking on the car, I'm just curious.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Do you think its a 22F unit? not picking on the car, I'm just curious.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

It looks like a normal 24F size. Agree with Fred about the caps, usually for service batteries with lower CCA rating. Believe it was the cheapest battery line offered through Ford parts in the late 60's, maybe early 70's too.

link

Interesting!!! Thanks for the info guys!!!

• This Kar is now on Ebay with a $45,000 Buy-It-Now or Best Offer:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/…:EF:MOTORS:1123

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

link

Has anyone from our group looked at it yet? where IS the car located? Ohio or New York?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

The Kar belongs to EARLYK who is on this forum.

-Fred-

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Is Early K Nate Miller of Buckeye Automotive Restoration. If so I am surprized this kar is still for sale.Got to see some of his work at Carlisle last year.IMHO first rate work.

mike

Edited by - mcfly on 02/06/2011 00:48:35

• This Kar is back on Ebay with a new lower $42,900 Buy-It-Now or Best Offer:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/…K%3AMEWAX%3AVRI

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!