• I live in the Atlanta area...have been in the Frasier Dante shop.

I'm not impressed with most of what is offered - over priced and incorrectly or quickly restored.

I question the "no expense spared" restoration here...just look for the bad welding on the axle tube of the rear end and the incorrect brake lines.

I'd bet you'll find dozens of other issues if you look.

Typical "dealer" hype IMHO.

• Current bid has gone over 37K. Not a single pic of the engine bay. Nor are there pics of the block and trans VIN stamps or the door data plate that he says are all original.

Heads don't look like they're 19, 20, 21 (LHS at least).

Using worm gear hose clamps thruout.

Edited by - ScruffNMJ on 01/12/2011 13:23:38

• The transmission tag is not an original, the alternator is a later version and it has standard, non Hipo, 65 engine mount assemblies.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Geoff, It does have Hipo heads as proven out by the picture with the valve cover off. The end where the alternator bolts on is the opposite end from where the 19, 20 or 21 would be. The opposite side does appear to be a 19.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Fred, what's the give-away on the removed valve cover photo? I see year, casting date, and screw in studs but it looked like the LHS head had an (upside down) 16 in the pic with the cover on. Can't a non-HiPo Head be modded for screw in studs? Also, the double dot 289 marking is not visible... forgive my ignorance.

P.S. thanks a million for the excellent job on my fuel pump!!

• Geoff, Hipo heads are the only ones with cast in valve spring pockets. The numbers on the ends of the head are cast upside down by Ford.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!