6F09K359612 now a GT350 SR

• The data plate itself is a made up one due to the strange codes. It is interesting that they would not use their new serial number on this plate.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• This is actually one of the main reasons WHY Unique is no longer in business AND the owners have faced CRIMINAL charges.

Unique was based in Texas - which has very specific laws about vehicle serial numbers.

They got caught swapping out "salvage title" serial numbers with "good" ones - as BIG no-no in Texas. Not sure of the motive here, but probably to enhance the "value" of the cars.

Unique was not producing "NEW" cars - they were using old cars as the base - therefore they could not use their own serial number system - they had to stick with the orignal FoMoCo serial number. Plus I don't think they were licensed as a "Vehicle Manufacturer" - something that would be necessary to apply a serial number and get it approved by the Texas DMV.

A lot of buyers got burned paying big depositis up front and got nothing in return when they folded.

I would check the stampings on this car or request verification before even bidding - just in case.

I'd also want to see the car in person - fit - finish - and other details look a little off to me for a car with only 7000 miles and climate controlled storage AND a price tag this high.

Edited by - RalphJr on 10/27/2009 08:05:51

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!