Hipo Transmissions

• <font face='Comic Sans MS'>I noticed in my Ford Parts Interchange Book, that the HEH-S, HEH-T, AND HEH-BX transmissions are applicable to the 65-67 Mustang & 67 Cougar Hip cars. Most conversations seem to center around the HEH-BX item. Are the other two also correct, but just not as common as the dash BX? </font id='Comic Sans MS'>

[Blocked Image: http://s4.tinypic.com/30w2jyw_th.jpg]

Edited by - 65Rangoon on 04/15/2011 11:46:30

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 04/16/2011 22:16:42

• The HEH-S is a narrow case for a 5 bolt block. The HEH-T is shown from August 20,1964 to October 1,1964 however there are a number of HEH-T transmissions documented on this forum that are stamped with VINs of Kars produced as late as May of 1965. The HEX-BX is basically 1966 only from what has been documented here however it could have been used in late 1965 models. The 1967 Hipo is an RUG-N, N1 or N2 transmission. The difference that I have seen between the HEH-T and the HEH-BX is that most of the HEH-T transmissions use the C4DR tailhousing that has vestiges of the Falcon shifter mounts where the HEH-BX uses the C4ZR tailhousing exclusive to Mustangs.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I have an HEH-T in my Mar 1 65 Dearborn FB with the Kar VIN clearly stamped into its spine. Several parts on my Kar are so-called 64.5, so I am not surprised that it has an HEH-T trans. Nor am I concerned

Like other manufacturers of this era, they did not always follow the book. And then, of course, they destroyed the (record) book later. Keep in mind how these were put together.

Drive 'em!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!