• My original radiator support has the shapo of an "s" from left to right and is bent up on top so bad it actually dented the underside of the hood frame. I want to order a replacement support from NPD or Viginia Classic Mustang. I know the support is restamped for a base model and will need to recreate the correct holes in the correct places for everything that attaches and passes through it. I have mine diagramed out with the current holes and have compared it to pictures online and in manuals and found that I have many holes that should not be there. For instance, I have across the top front I have 6 3/16" holes for the wire loom retainers, and 4 additional ones, 2 on either side of the radiator hole. The fog light holes are on either side of the radiator hole and appear to measure 3/8" but they are not round nor are they flush with the metal (it appears when someone pulled the wires out they used a flat blade screw driver and a hammer). There are 2 1/4" holes for the horn wires, and 2 holes for the mounting bolts, and 2 additional for the alignment studs on the bracket. Next to these are a small 1/8" hole just inside (1/2"). In the center of the support are 4 5/8" holes for the hood latch support, and another at the bottom on the frame support. There a 4 hole in a square where the regulator should go, and towrd the driver side bottom of the support are 2 1 1/2" holes (air conditioner maybe?).

My question does anybody have the correct hole placement and sizes for the radiator support? Looking through the osborne books and body manual, I can see most of them. Or should I just not worry about it and just use what I get?

• I can't help you on the holes but I had to replace the made in Taiwan radiator support someone tacked in during their

" restoration " that they started. I removed it and cut one off of a parts car with a close build date. The bend on the top of the support looks sharper than the repop as does the stretch marks from the press. It was well worth the effort ( $50 from a friend ) and their are plenty of parts cars out there.

I did buy a new lower radiator support from Laurel Mountain mustang, a high quality piece and added the one oval slot that was missing to duplicate the original. I do have pics of my cars original support prior to the other owners removal of it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!