Oil Filter Picture??

• Anyone remember that Black oil filter that someone had and sold on Ebay a couple of years ago?? there was a stamp on it in Yellow ink I think......I would like to try & have a stamp made of that so I could add it to my Black filter.....

I went and did a search and found the actual listing, but due to the time that has gone by since then the picture is gone.

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 12/08/2010 23:26:28

• I made a stamp. I have a PDF of it. It looked to total crap when I tried to roll the oil filter. I gave up after a ton of tires. I recommend makeing a paint mask to get the correct look.

• Good morning,

Does any of you know what the four digits below the text means?

Is it a date code and if so how should it be interpreted?

Thanks,

/Bo

• Thanks, do you mind to inform me about your source

of this information. Week number,1st and last digit and

the year in the middle is something I have never seen on anything else.

/Bo

• Rick,

How are you getting "2656" the 26th week of 1965?

Not following how people are getting this. I could see "2665" or what does the 6 mean? The original picture I have is "2647"

To me 265 could be the day and the 5 the year.

Just trying to figure this out also.

• Brian, It is my understanding that the "2656" decodes this way:The "65" in the middle is the year, and the first "2" and the last "6" ("26") for the 26th week of 1965......I could be wrong but thats how it was explained to me....

• **I am opening this up as a friendly honesty discussion**

Rick,

That is what I was thinking you ment. No discrpect intended (as one can not gague tone on a page) but to me this does not make sense. I question why they (the maker) would split the week with the year in the middle. Granted there are some goofy date codes stamped on stuff, but none had stuff split up.

The "original" stamp I have is 0145. I was informed that this number was taken from a original filter. To me the day of the year then end of the year number would be more likey. For example 14th day of 1965.

The picture of the one I posted the date is 2647, that would be the 264th day of 67. If I remember correctly they would have painted the engion with the oil filter on so there for it would all be coverd up and blue..or black (65 and earler).

Just a thought.

Brian

Just a thought, as until we find someone who was there and knows we are all just making educated guesses.

Edited by - 5F09C on 03/04/2011 12:28:36

• Anyone know what the "4" or "6" designates?

I wonder if the one that sold on Ebay 2 years ago was in fact an original? the one Brant pictured above looks way more original than the one in the picture I remember of the one on Ebay......THAT one sold for over $250 IIRC....

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I also notice it has a 4 insted of a 6 in the circle.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Just a guess...maybe a set up with several stamps being done and each one was numbered. Kind of like the mold cavities on the HiPo Fan spacers. You will see different numbers cast into these. Again, this is just speculation on my part.

• IIRC the bottom of that filter was the older style. Somewhere I have a picture of it, I saved it to varify it was an older style filter and not a modern Motercraft FL1A.

• e modern FL1As have a single crimp and the repros and originals have a double crimp.....I think it would be neat to be able to find out who the manufacturer is and be able to buy the repro filters before they paint or decal them up....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!