Hipo 289 OEM NOS cam positive identification

• Any one can help verify the differance between the OEM Factory and NOS Hipo Service C30Z 6250 C camshafts.

The cam I have was sealed in Ford part labeled tube with C30Z 6250 C

Ford logo and service parts printed all over on tube.

The cam has no stamped markings other than an orange paint mark/band on the front of the cam by the dist gear and first lobe,the other is a pink paint mark on the back in front of rear journal and last lobe.There is a CWC in a rectangular casting box and some other unreadable in another similar box.

The cam looks like an aftermarket manufatured syle unit.

The cam was measured and comes out to hipo Ford factory book specs on lift and duration etc.The clocking as Ford states or taper on the lobes are correct for solid tappets.

I have and seen OEM factory cams and they have the VE by the dist gear in front of cam and ford logo on and orange paint daubs,and in no way resemble the cam in the tube.

Having a hard time finding any reliable information on the matter.

Please post email or PM any detailed pictures or printed documents for verifyable referance you may have to help determine for sure it is a Bonafied Ford Factory sold camshaft would be really great. Possibly point me in the direction that I may possibly find the info.

Thank you. SSB

Edited by - Slabsidebob on 09/06/2010 19:07:54

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!