February 1966 HiPo casting numbers

• Does anyone know about 1966 January or February castings for HiPo blocks? I am looking for a HiPo block with a Feb casting date. My car is missing the original block and has an assembly date of March 17th(trying to get back to a date code correct block). I have only been looking for a few months now but have only found 4 blocks with casting dates ranging in a very small window in January from the 12th, 13th, and 14th.

I guess my question is does anyone know what batch sizes the HiPo's were cast in? I would think that in the 1960's manufacturers were probably not producing using single piece flow...

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 07/03/2010 23:14:56

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I am looking for a HiPo block with a Feb casting date...

I guess my question is does anyone know what batch sizes the HiPo's were cast in? I would think that in the 1960's manufacturers were probably not producing using single piece flow...<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

As far as I know, the HiPo blocks were selected from the vast number of regular 289 blocks which were cast at the Cleveland Foundry on a full time schedule.

By 1966, Ford had to add 289 production at the Windsor Canada Foundry to supplement Cleveland, which could not keep up with the demand for the popular small block. Based on this information, I would expect a casting date for a production HiPo engine could be almost any day of the month, but it must be a Cleveland cast block.

• By July of '66 it appears that they were barely keeping up with demand. My July 26th proposed production date car has a block casting date of July 19th with an engine assembly date of July 21st.

Wayne

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!