9 inch center section Question

• Does anybody know the correct part number for a 1966 3.50 Ratio Ring Gear? I believe its a 8 3/4" unit. Any individual part numbers for that whole OPEN assembly would be appriciated.

• am unclear as to what you are actually looking for however Ford did service the third member assembly and called it the differential assembly-rear axle in the parts book. The 3.50 non locking assembly has a number of C4ZW 4200 C. It would only have been available as an assembly line piece when ordering as a service part and then only from current production. You are just a tad bit late to order one. The ring and pinion gear set was a B7AZ 4209 D. This was replaced by B7AZ 4209 G and then by B7AZ 4209 L which was then replaced by C9OZ 4209 A and lastly an E3UZ 4209 A. When these were last available from Ford they were a little over $500. If you need an NOS Ford ring and pinion, I do have one in stock.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Thanks Fred for the reply. I am looking to replace my 3rd member (differential) with a 3.50 OPEN set up like it came from the factory.

Needed to know the original part number on the ring gear to help me idenify it when I ran accross one. Is it correct that the ring gear, pinion and carrier had dates on them. If this is true, I have my work cut out for me.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!