Arvinode exhaust system - fact or fiction??

• Does anyone happen to know about the arvinode exhaust system and its relationship to the K code cars?? When was it factory installed on K's and when did they stop and revert to normal dual exhaust with mufflers. The story on the Waldron exhaust website is very convincing but I find no mention at all of such a system in Tony Gregory's book or any other mustang or shelby publication I've ever seen. Also, does anyone have one of these systems on their car? 'Lemme know! Thanks guys!

Tom

• Fact or Fiction?

Definitely FACT, but the system was pretty rare because of the rarity of K codes to begin with, the short time it was used (only on K codes), AND the number of systems that were replaced early on by Ford or owners who didn't like the "sound level".

Plus - I don't think a company like NPD would invest in selling fictional exhaust systems - especially at $500 a pop.

Defintely search the archive - there is a great treasure hunt that took place to bring this system back from from the dead. Many members here contributed to the effort.

Take the time to watch the You Tube video too - gotta love the sound!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!