Anyone running a 3 x 2 Set Up?

• I know it's a crazy question, but I'm looking for this fitting (or one like it) for the PCV Valve Hose on a 289 Tri-power set up. It should 3/8" Male NPT, 3/8" Female NPT, 1/2" Hose "T" fitting. Ford part number is 380006-S. I'll probably end up having to "piece" something together.

Anyone seen an original? Thanks for looking.

-Brant

[Blocked Image: http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/im4disney/Mustang/3x2Fitting.jpg]

• If you made something up with a brass 3/8 female 'T', 2 nipples (one into the manifold, one for the hose)and a plug in the end, I'd bet it would look pretty much to specs with everything installed.

• My 66 has 3x2 installed and I plan on removing them and putting the 4v setup back on. Mine is an original FOMOCO item purchased in 66 by the original owner. If pictures and measurements will help let me know.

Gary

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

My 66 has 3x2 installed and I plan on removing them and putting the 4v setup back on. Mine is an original FOMOCO item purchased in 66 by the original owner. If pictures and measurements will help let me know.

Gary

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Gary,

I would love to see some pictures of your original set up, particularly the PCV hose fitting in the intake, the fuel pump to fuel log line, the block-off 3 hole block off plate at the back of the intake, etc. Let me know if you have photos online, can post here or would rather email them to me.

Thanks for your offer and reply.

-Brant

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

My 66 has 3x2 installed and I plan on removing them and putting the 4v setup back on. Mine is an original FOMOCO item purchased in 66 by the original owner. If pictures and measurements will help let me know.

Gary

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Gary,

Did you ever have a chance to take some pictures? I'm particularly interested in the pump to carb gas line and the pcv valve hose set up and fitting(s) at the intake.

Thanks,

Brant

• Brant, I tried to get some good photos of the rear of the manifold but it is very cramped back there and they did not turn out that great. I will email them to you first thing in the morning. As for the fuel line, it looks as if it got changed over the years. Nothing but black fuel line coming from a large inline filter and connecting to the fuel rail.

As best as I can make out, the pcv connection has a T fitting like you show in the diagram but it is square tubbing. One end screws into the intake and the pcv hose is connected to the end which has a female thread with a brass 90 like used on some pcv valves. One end has threads and the other has a slip for the hose to be clamped on. Then the T has a hose connected that goes to the drivers side somewhere. I will try to track it down further tomorrow.

The part does not look like the one in your diagram but works exactly the same way.

Gary

• I will take some new pics over the weekend for you. I will take it out of the garage so I can get some good light on the subject and hopefully get some better pics.

Does anyone know how much a complete original 3x2 setup is worth?

Gary

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!