1965 Mustang Rally Participant Plaque?

• There were two of very similar design for '65 and '66. IIRC, the spelling of Rally changed from one to the next. Valley Ford Parts in CA used to sell reproductions, but they were thin, light-weight screen printed versions-- easily distinquished from the originals. Yours, as an original, is a heavy chrome plated steel disk that has the design etched into the surface. I also have one of the '65 plaques I found under the carpeting in my first '65 fastback. I know of a gentleman in San Antonio that has original plaques for 65-8.

• Bringing this back from the dead... I have the original plaque that was on my 66 fastback's glove box. Does anyone know or have any further information about these plaques?

• Have a few of these - Ford (in the first few years the Mustang was out) sponsored all of different driving events in some of the major urban areas. They also sponsored clubs and national organization with news letters and such but it died out after a few years when Ford started funneling their advertising dollars to the high performance clinics and the like

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!