• Recently purchased a K car and just received my Fourth edition catalog to authenticate. Everything checks out with the exception of the block date code. The warranty plate shows 17M and the date code on the block is 6E26. That should be a Dec. 17,1965 and a May 26, 1966 block. The boss area on block adjacent to timing cover is blank. The block cast is C5AE 6015 E. Warranty block?

Thanks, Richard

• You need a Nov block 5L, mid to early month would work. One just sold on E-bay with HiPO caps!!

If you are still curious about if the other block was a warranty block look to see if it has an assembly date stamped in it. If no assembly date then it would probably be a over the counter Ford warranty block.

The assembly date will also disappear(be machined away)if the block has been decked.

If it has a assembly date then it most likely was not changed out by a dealer unless they put a re-man block in the car.

I would just move on and search for a 5L Nov block

• Richard,

The block I mentioned sold on e-bay a couple of days ago. The buyer was Kits_Kars. Maybe someone here knows him and perhaps he bought it to resale. It was a 5L4 with HiPo caps. You didn't say whether you needed caps too. If you are able to buy the block I could be interested in buying the caps if you do not need them.

RTharp427@msn.com

• The block assembly date is usually also on the oil pan rail near the right rear. It will be under the gasket and not visible with the engine assembled.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!