Exhaust manifold

• I got my hi po manifolds blasted last year and they look bad already, is there a paint or some type of finish that can be used on them to give them the original look?

• I used Eastwood Stainless Steel paint on mine. They looked perfect for about 5 years - starting to show a little aging now, though.

Don't buy it until you're ready to use it - it has a short shelf life - like about 6 months unopened, and about 6 weeks once the can has been opened up.

I bead-blasted the manifolds, then brush on the coating. Best results achieved by baking them in an oven - I didn't have that available, so I just put them back on the car & fired it up. They smoked for about 15 minutes, everything was fine after that.

Jeff

• I've actually had pretty good luck with Bar-B-Que black in spray cans. It almost looks like natural iron rather than a true black. And it holds up pretty well too. I sprayed the manifold on my 200 six about seven years ago and it still looks ok.

Plus, you can find the bar-b-que paint almost anywhere.

And as always, 99% of a good paint job is in the prep.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!