Block Casting Number

• I have a block with a casting number of C4OE-6015-F dated 5H26. Looking at page 6 of Tony's fourth edition it reads to me that this block must have been manufactured before August of 1964. How late in 1965 K kars would this block have been used? What is the latest date kar anyone has that still had an original block with this casting # and date. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by - dang on 04/13/2007 06:25:43

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I have a block with a casting number of C4OE-6015-F dated 5H26. Looking at page 6 of Tony's fourth edition it reads to me that this block must have been manufactured before August of 1964. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Not exactly...Ford continued to manufacture the C4OE blocks <i>after</i> 1964 to maintain a sufficient supply for service replacement use as needed.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

How late in 1965 K kars would this block have been used? What is the latest date kar anyone has that still had an original block with this casting # and date.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

The <i>changeover</i> to 6 bolt 289 engines using the "C5" block at the car assembly plants happened in August, 1964, as stated in Tony's book. No cars manufactured in 1965 used a C4OE-F block.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!