66 Emergency Flasher

• My emergency flasher will only blink the right side lights and indicator (blinks somewhat faster than normal. Turn signals function normally no blown out bulbs or indicator lights. Any ideas were to start troubleshooting?

• It is possible that the switch in your glove box is coming apart as that is a common problem. Try pushing the switch together while the 4 ways are on and see if that helps. I can usually fix a switch that is coming apart. Also make sure that your turn signal switch is centered properly in the off position as the power goes through that switch as well.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Another possibility may be that your flasher has gone bad. I had the same problem a month ago and my car had the same symptoms. If Fred's suggetsion doesn't work I would suggest replacing the flasher unit. The flasher is located under the dash next to the glove compartment. When purchasing a new flasher be sure to specify that it is for your fourways (I believe that the internals are different to accomodate flashing all four lights at the same time) Good Luck hope this may help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!