RE-INSTALLING SPEEDOMETER CABLE-help!!!

• Hello all!I am once again re-installing my nos bezel&guage cluster on my early K fastback.I had some electrical gremlins to deal with.I remember the last time I re- installed it I had many war wounds afterwards!This time I was trying to go thru the speaker cutout in the dash,and was bleeding and unsucessful!!I can't remember how I got it on the last time dag blast it!Any one got a easy way to do this?Someone told me to come from underneath the dash but I can't seem to reach anything.HELP!!!!!This not only agravating but also painfull!THANKS GUYS!RANDY

• Try coming in from the left of the stering column. If you are a 'large', get some help from someone smaller. It helps if the seat is out.

Jim

• Cover your steering column with some cloth and remove the cluster bolts. Tilt the cluster and attach the speedo cable.

If you can reach it from the left side the risk is of course less

for some unwanted scratches.

/Bo

• Thanks alot guys!I appreciate your input!I did try attaching it with the bezel tilted maybe I don't have enough play in the cable.I'll try again!Thanks ,Randy

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!