repo am/fm hook-up

• On the wiring instructions it says to hook up the red wire to the ignition, the black to the ground, and the orange to bat.

They say that the orange(bat) is for the clock and presets. I dont think this radio has a clock or any presets. I'm wondering if the orange should be hooked up to the light swich that way you can use the dimmer function that works with the instruments. How did all yuall do it

• When in doubt, read the instructions. If it says hook the orange wire up to a battery voltage, I would hook it up to a battery voltage. Just don't go hog wild and cut and splice. A convenient hot all the time terminal point is the back of the cigar lighter. Use a number 8 stud ring lug on the screw thread on back of the lighter and shove the connector back on for the orange wire. It should hold. If you want to be real trick, use a number 6 stud and tap it with an 8-32 tap. The red should go to the screw terminal on back of the ignition switch. Removal of the instrument cluster makes hookups easy.

Jim

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!