Radio Supressor Condenser

• It shouldn't be hot. It's a capacitor (new name for a condenser) and it's properties are to block DC voltages and pass certain AC voltages. If it's hot, it's passing DC and I would remove it immediately.

Jim

• A radio suppressor is a capacitor, a simple storage device for electricity, and the wire that goes to it should either be hot with the key on or hot all the time depending on how it is configured. It is different from a battery in that it will only provide a short burst of electricity when required. Do you have a wiring schematic?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

....... Do you have a wiring schematic?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

according to wiring diagram I have, it's always hot via a connection at the hot post of the solenoid.

for some reason, it just struct me as back-assward that it should be hot all the time.

on to the next mystery,

thanks,

Z. Ray

'66 GT-350

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!