Trouble Getting Reverse Gear

• Hi all.

Being new to the K family, I have a question regarding the ease of getting the reverse gear in the Kar. Sometimes (not always) I have trouble getting the gear in. When I do have trouble, I have to let the car roll forward a little, or put the car in any gear then put it into reverse. I have the standard shifter where you have to pull the T bar up.

Am I experiencing normal 1965 technology, or is there a problem I should get checked out before any serious damage occurs?

Thanks for any input.

Regards,

René

• You might try checking your clutch adjustment. If the adjustment is a little off you will grind your way into reverse. Also check the lower clutch rod at the fork at bellhousing and make sure the fork is not fatigued. Joe.

• Assuming no mechanical or adjustment problem exists on your car, it is normal for reverse to be occasionally 'blocked out'. rolling or engaging a forward gear will spin the gear set and allow reverse to engage. it is still common on todays transmissions.

• Two things to check. It could be the cable in the shifter they stretch. Set parking brake put shifter in netural go under the car

and check you shifter gate adjustment. If it is adjusted right (not sure if it a 1/4 or 3/8 drill bit ) the end of the drill bit should

slide in and out of gate with ease.

Mike

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!