66 plexi glass side windows

• Hi Fella's, my Kar a 66 Fastback has 66 GT350 plexi glass windows instead of the side vents. Is this a bolt in swap or does some cutting of the body need to be done to fit these type of windows in? I bought a set of vents a few years back so I could change it back if needed.

So if and when I change it back to the vents is it as simple as bolting/ screwing it all back together or does some fabrication work need to be done?

Thanks Eddie

• Official Post

Eddie, I am restoring a 66 Hipo fastback for a customer right now that had the GT350 windows installed. When those windows are installed there is a structure that holds the vent assemblies in place that needs to be cut out. To reinstall the vents that structure either needs to be welded back in from a donor car or you need to improvise the structure. You will need, at the very least, to observe another car with the vents not yet installed to see what has been cut out for the windows. It can be a pain in the neck to recreate the structure like what had to be done on my current project as I could not find a donor.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!