Clutch fork finish

• I have a Nov 66 SJ car with the side spring hole style fork. Wondering what the correct finish should be on this piece. I see nothing in my search of topics.

Thanks Ray

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

This is a 66 Shelby. Would the boot be the same as a standard Ford bellhousing?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

If it's a standard bell-housing, yes.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

This is not the standard Ford bellhousing but rather the alum Shelby version. Don't have a Ford bellhousing here to compare.

Thanks Ray

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

are there any casting numbers on it ?

Z.

• I'm sorry guys. It has been a long time since I looked at it. It is a C5DA 6394-A casting with Ford oval script. So anyone know the PN of the correct clutch release fork boot?

Thanks Ray

• Ray,

That is the correct bell housing, it was used on all 65-66 289's including HiPo and GT350. There is also a date code cast in the trans mounting area which can't be seen once the tranny is installed. The fork boot is part# C6OZ-7513-C, they show up on ebay all the time.

Dave

Dave
    6S1757

• The C6OZ boot is a little different than the earlier one, which is C4OZ-7513-A. I have only ever seen one NOS correct one and that is on the K convertible I restored. It still had the FoMoCo label on it. It fits perfectly around the correct style clutch fork.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!