Seat Restoration

• First project up is the seats. I will be undertaking all the little projects on the project while the bodywork and paint gets done. Lukcily I have room to gather and prepare everything I will need for the car and shelve it to await assembly.

The car came with brand new seat covers in the box along with a new headliner,new kick panels and new visors. Why this would have been purchased way up front is beyond me when the car is nowhere near paint.

I ordered up and just received all new foam, burlap and hog rings etc. today. I will glass bead the frames , prime and paint them before beginning to recover.

Has anyone used any particular paint product like something from Eastwood ? Rust Encapsulator paint or chassis black etc. to do theirs ? How did it turn out ?

Thanks

• Semi-gloss black rattle-can from your favorite hardware store works as well as anything from Eastwood. Face it, your car will not sit in the rain after you are done with it - will it?

Jim

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!