Iowa's 5F09K project

• My Dearborn K does not have heater pipe grommets. The choke cable had a grommet. Someone on here and I think it was Bob Mannel said the grommet was similar to the one used to bring the antenna wire thru the side sheetmetal.

I found a spare antenna grommet under my carpet so I used it for my choke cable.

The forward mounting point for the clutch return spring is at the bottom of the shock tower near the engine mount bolts. There are two holes, one round and one slotted, the spring hooks thru the slot and out the round.

Edited by - cobraboy on 03/06/2011 12:25:07

Edited by - cobraboy on 03/06/2011 12:26:41

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

did the '65 K kars use a grommet

in the firewall heater hose holes?

also, was there one for the

manual choke cable?

thanks

iowa

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

There was no grommet used, just strip caulking.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

did the '65 K kars use a grommet

in the firewall heater hose holes?

also, was there one for the

manual choke cable?

thanks

iowa

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

There was no grommet used, just strip caulking.

Is that no heater grommet or no choke grommet ?

• i thot i read that the later models

used a grommet around the heater hoses

was is 'strip' caulking?

is it the same as the seam sealer?

is it also used around the

firewall side of the steering column?

also, i used black permatex gasket sealer

and plastic plugs to fill a couple of holes

short of welding them shut,

is this alright?

thanks

iowa

Edited by - iowa on 03/06/2011 16:55:57

Edited by - iowa on 03/06/2011 16:58:28

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!