k code exposure at BJ Palm Beach

• I thought that our favorite cars got quite a nice bit of exposure during the recent BJ auction at Palm Beach. The commentators seemed to do a decent job of informing the public what a k code is and generally commenting a little about k code mustangs . This was during their banter when a modified k fastback was on the block. Interesting to hear their comments that in their opinion, the modified car would have brought more money if it had been or was returned to original status. Whatever your personal views are on the modified versus original topic, I think all of our cars took a bounce upward after the commentators comments. We need more of this type of exposure about our k cars.

• It's a matter of time until the connection of the K with Shelby gets well enough known along with the rarity of the car. Then prices are going to escalate like they have with Shelbys. When enthusiasts catch on that a Shelby is a K with some bolt-ons... watch out!

Shelbys are so expensive now that a person could take a decent K and clone it into a Shelby, and it's not hard to do, and make money on it, lots of money if it's done right. When prices for a Shelby get so high buyers will go for a cloned car for half the price... which is still way above what a K is selling for. This, of course, would only make the already rare and highly collectible K more scarce.

There is still a lot of upside in collector cars and you'd have to think that the K Mustang is one of the best.

• K's are an interesting breed of Mustang. Of course, those of us who own one or more are hooked for a lifetime, but outside of K fanatics and knowledgeable Shelby owners, they're still a relative unknown. So it's great to see/hear when auto enthusiasts give them their just due.

Now, if Ford had kept those production records from 1965-66 I suspect our Kars would have more perceived value to the general vintage/muscle car public, but then if that were the case could many of us have even been able to buy one in the first place? I for one am happy to have caught the K disease and had enough scratch to buy and restore my dream Kar. Kevin

• Rather than attend the auction, I watched from my favorite easy chair. The car I was referring to was lot number 364 which sold for $51,700.00 with buyers premium included in the final price. It was during this sale that the commentators made their comments about k cars. Did you notice any other k cars for auction?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!