Steering Column Bracket Rubbers

• Just refurbishing the steering column, box, etc. On the lower bracket (3668), there is a moulded rubber pad that sits between the bracket and the bottom of the steering column. In the Ford parts manual this is listed with the lower bracket under the same part number - 3668. Anyone know where to get this replacement rubber moulding?

Also, on the upper bracket (3676), there is a paper gasket that goes between the bracket and the dash where the whole assembly bolts up. Again, in the Ford parts manual this is listed with the upper bracket under the same part number - 3676. Know where to get that one?

I'm guessing these parts are not reproduced so it will be a matter of searching for NOS ones.

Thanks for any replies.

• Get you some tire intertube rubber and cut you a piece.Do the same with cardboard or wrapping paper for the other as no one makes them.They haven't got that anal yet!

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Just refurbishing the steering column, box, etc. On the lower bracket (3668), there is a moulded rubber pad that sits between the bracket and the bottom of the steering column. In the Ford parts manual this is listed with the lower bracket under the same part number - 3668. Anyone know where to get this replacement rubber moulding?

Also, on the upper bracket (3676), there is a paper gasket that goes between the bracket and the dash where the whole assembly bolts up. Again, in the Ford parts manual this is listed with the upper bracket under the same part number - 3676. Know where to get that one?

I'm guessing these parts are not reproduced so it will be a matter of searching for NOS ones.

Thanks for any replies.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Disregarding the reference to a posterior location, I used a piece of inner tube that I found was close match in texture and thickness to the rubber piece, and in filing the information on the rubber piece, determined that the selected folder was spectroscopically identical to the paper piece I needed so I got a different folder to put the documents in, a pair of scissors and 'viola', a paper insulator was created. What, you don't have a spectroscope? "Eyeball" it.

Jim

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!