Weatherstrip trim

• Does the extension trim under the roof rail weatherstrip retainer(f/b)have sealer between the trim and body? I've seen that there is sealer between the retainer and the trim, but not sure of between trim and body. San Jose built 65 fb

Thanks. Phil.

• My '65 Dearborn K had something between the trim and body on one side - the other side appeared to have had it at one time, but had been removed at some point prior to my ownership.

It looked like a thin double sided sealing tape and it WAS difficult to get off after 40 years! I used a thin metal putty knife to push between the trim and body to cut it - got the trim off with no damage - cleaned up the residue with thinner.

Not sure what I'll use when I reassemble the car - probably look at some thin double sided adhesive tapes from 3M.

Anyone else have suggestions?

• The original trim did have two sided tape and I have put it back on many a reassembled Mustang but don't pull the backing off the tape side you put against the body as it will seal with all the screws in the trim.Never had any problem with doing it that way and makes for easy removal if you ever have to do anything in those areas again.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!