• I need a radiator for my 1965 K Convertible.

IF I wern't concerned about "numbers" (and without going to a cheapo auto parts chain store)where can I get a quality correct looking radiator like Modine may be?--I understand that the trans cooler line fittings can be removed and welded up to make the bottom tank look more correct.

• OK, Thanks!! I have a line on an original radiator for manual trans. application (not sure yet if its a HIPO or not)and being is how I don't have anything to compair with here, can someone tell me where the hose outlets are located:(I think that the upper is on passenger side, and lower is on drivers side??)am I right?? I think I can get this rad cheap and have it re-cored with a quality core and be OK without breaking the bank.

• Both radiator hose connections are on the passenger side on an eight cylinder. Hipo radiators are no different than other stick shift eight cylinder radiators. Six cylinder radiators have the connections with the upper hose on the passenger side and the lower one on the drivers side. The connections on the six cylinder radiator are also smaller than the eight cylinder ones.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Stock Ford was a 2 row core. Going to 3 row core will change the depth - so you will need different fan shroud mounts I think.

Edited by - RalphJr on 09/09/2008 16:00:54

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!