65-66 REMOTE LH MIRROR MOUNTING INFO

• Hi All!I am installing a ROTUNDA lh remote mirror in the K beast.It appears to have had the VISABILITY group option.Unfortunately my drivers door was changed(BOO HOO!NO TAG!!)I need to drill a hole for the cable under the mirror,and also install the remote handle in the door panel.Does any one know where I can get templates or measurements for installing these??!!I just don't have a clue where to look.Thanks again,RANDY p.s If my memory serves me the cable hole is actually punched w/ a bevel on the edge?

• I have a Rotunda template at work I can scan tomorrow evening but a simple measuremt will do. I'm thinking it is 2" from the leading edge of the door to the leading edge of the mirror base but let me double check that. Mark your holes from there and drill away. I don't believe the cable hole was punched.

• Thanks 66KGT!I am concerned about the hole for the cable as in appearance and location and also where to mount the control handle.I am trying to do a good job and don't want to mess it up!Thanks,Randy

• Let me give you the good news first. The control knob is located on the delux door panel by a partially cut opening in the panel. There is no such predetermined mark on the standard panel. The cable has to go thru a hole near the front inside of the door, so remove the door panel and cut a hole in it to match the hole in the door.

The bad news: the mirror meeds to be located on the door so it will clear the wing window. The mounting base of the remote mirror is oriented to the rear and the mounting base of the standard mirror is oriented to the front. If you eyeball the the position of the remote type to clear the wing, this leaves the front hole of the standard mirror exposed, about three inches in front of where the remote should go. The right hand mirror has the same 'extra' hole if you had a RH standard before. The door fix - bondo and paint.

Jim

• Thanks alot everyone!Looks like I will wait till paintjob time!Bummer.I still would be interested in any info or templates.Thanks so much guys,I don't have much extra time due to family health issues what little time I can devote to my beloved K is precious!I really appreciate all everyones help!!Randy

• Ok, since I am not at work today I sent myself an email to remind myself to bring home the templates. Hopefully I will have a scan for you Monday.

Sorry I am so absent minded....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!