65 emergency flasher help

• I want to add an Emergency flasher to my 65. I have a complete unit from a very early 66 so the harness is integrated into the flasher. I was told this is easy to add to the 65.

Anyone have any info where to plug the stuff into? I know the obvious, where it plugs into the steering wheel, but what about the other connectors?

I have a 65 shop manual but for the life of me I do not see where to add this and the 66 is no help since it was intergraded into the wireing harness then.

Thanks!

• It is shown in detail in either the Wiring Diagram book that is published in pamphlet form or the Osborn Electrical Factory Assemby manual. I'm out of town and don't have access to the books, but I have the same accessory in my '65 and went looking for the info and found it as an illustration with a schematic.

• Dave when you get back to town you mind shooting me an email? I have the Osborne book but can not make heads or tails on the emergency flasher.

Thanks,

Brian

• Just to confuse the issue further, Ford offered an accessory 4 way flasher in 1965. It has a shorter loom than the 66 style as it mounts under the dash rather than in the glove box. The switch has the flasher bracket attached to it. The 66 flasher unit does not have a flasher bracket attached to the switch. I have both an original and an NOS one in stock.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Dave,

I do have a good used 4 way flasher switch retaining nut. It should be the same one as used on the early 65 GT fog light switch that mounts under the dash.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!