Registry Question

• Is there a way to get more info. from the registry than what is published in the book. For instance, I know my car was actually put into the registry by someone else when the car was in Illinois. I bought the car out of Texas, so I know it moved a couple of times. Is there any way I can find out who put the car into the registry and when they did it? Also, does the registry have any more information besides what is in the Fourth Edition (i.e. options, factory GT, etc.)? Thanks.

• I registered my kar at about the time the 2nd edition came out and ordered the book at the same time. My car was in the book. I had owned the car since 76, long before any registry. I don't know how it was registered unless state records were scanned some how by somebody.

• Tony Gregory started the 289 HiPo Registry. He was doing it mainly via the USPS. All he gathered was VIN, Warranty Tag (Door Tag) information, and state or country in which it resided. I took the registry over from Tony in 2002, he never mentioned that he had done anything else but use the USPS. He did have some "spots" in Mustang Monthly annouoncing his registry and possibly some other magazines. I'm pretty sure Tony did not or could not scan any State Records. He did attend car shows as well.

When Hank and I got together and came up with the website, we started gathering more information on the Kars. Such as factory options, condition of the car, and approximate mileage. Anytime a Kar changes hands which was already in the registry, I Email the person back and ask who/where/when he bought the Kar and from whom. Also, I inquire about the history of the Kar and previous owners. At some point in time, when I think we have enough kars with that type of information, that will be included in the registry much like the Shelby Registry. It is going to make the publication of the registry even more time consuming, but it will be worth it. I know that everyone will be asking when this is going to happen. It will probably be in about 4 years.

• Love the site - but the registration form does not allow "leaving out" information ie: the door tag template on your site, which 65 to 67 HiPo Shelby's would not have had <with the exception of a few cars - I know!>

That, and I would not want to post the entire Ford VIN anyway, just 5R09KXXXXXX or something like that, as Howard has confirmed the Ford to Shelby VIN anyway.

So I cannot put my car in the HiPo reg., and it would be interesting to chart the subtle differences between the HiPo's and the "batch" runs of HiPo's that were assigned to Shelby.

Just my 2 cents.

Mike

• Mike, this site is a site for anyone with an interest or passion for Mustangs. The Registry however is for K-Codes only. The Shelbys have their own Registry and the K-Codes have theirs. We do not register Shelbys. As a matter of fact, I sent Howard a list of some potential Shelby VINs for his review to make sure that they are not Shelbys. No offense, but Shelby has their own Registry and the K-Codes have their own.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!