Disk Brake Master Cylinder

• I'm rebuilding the M/C on a 65 with disk brakes.Need the following info.

Mustang detail guide says finish should be natural gray, I've been told that MCA says Black . Are both correct?

Should a rubber seat be installed in front of the check valve? None was installed when I took it apart, but one came in the repair kit.

Brakes were not grabing, I've had the calipers and proporting valve rebuilt

and replaced pads and wheel cylinders. Still not stopping right , feels like rears only. Could the lack of the rubber seat be the problem . Hose and lines look good..

Thanks Joe A...

• I had a front brake hose look new on the out side but be pluged up on the inside. I would replace the hoses. I've heaard the rubber breaks down over time and will cause the inside of the hose to become plugged.

Larry

• According to MCA rules you can have a black or natural finish on the master cylinder.

The front/rear braking you are describing sounds like the proportioning valve needs adjusting. The purpose of the vale is to allow for balancing the front & rear to achieve optimum stopping. It is not uncommon for people to rebuild their valves and then have to make some adjustment to fine tune stopping.

Edited by - round2K on 10/30/2007 11:45:16

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!